Friday, July 18, 2008

Breathing Underwater Part III

Diving with complete strangers can be fun and also miserable. Mine was filled with both, glad to say that there is more fun. My only misery is to have all the sand kicked up into my face. This malay ger was trying very hard to maneuver in the water with her flippers. Not knowing how to use the flippers? Or not knowing how to kick with the flippers? She used her flippers as if she was a frog. Argh.. She was just all over the place dropping to the sea bed, clinging onto corals and bumping into everyone. It is really annoying!! The next thing is that my instructor showed her how to use her flipper with his hands, as its hard to speak in water. The next moment, she was stroking her hands in that motion the instructor did throughout the dive. I was almost on the floor when I heard that.

Spikey sea urchins made me swim away from them really fast! Whenever I see them I'll bring myself higher up by taking tonnes of short breaths or even inflating my BCD fast just not to get pricked by them. You'll fail to notice them when appreciating the corals and forgetting that they exist.

The 2 guys, Bear and Philipp, were awesome. Joking around, performing all the nonsense acts in water that almost made me gulp down a mouthful of water. They even tried provoking the pufferfish!! They were the two that did loads of stuff that made the trips a memorable one. Both of them even jumped off the upper deck of the boat!! Incredible huh? It takes loads of courage to do so!! Hell loads of it. They both did the backward drop into the water too. The feeling was simply indescribable. Advance divers did it, so did I. (:

The other 2 ladies? I would say that Vivien is a person with great personality. She is really CALCULATIVE! Besides that, she's a very knowledgeable person. I can tell that she's a workaholic as she sleeps at 2 a.m. and only about 4 hours a day. She mentioned that her boss even replied her email telling her that she should REST!! A workaholic taking a break, doing what she like. Total relaxation.

As for Elly, she's the one whom I mentioned above. A bigger bimbo compared to me. She was complaining that 7 is too early for her to get up as she needs at least 12 hours of sleep and will not get up till 12 p.m. Just too pampered. But one thing is that she didn't equalise properly. I saw her nose bleeding when we all surfaced from below. We were told very clearly on how to equalise but she just insist on saying that she can't when she's the one who reach the bottom first. What else can I comment when she refuse to listen to instructions.

All in all, the company were just great! I'm back home safe and I can't wait to do another dive. Diver friends, please call me if you are planning on any dives.. Will be more than happy to join. (:

No comments: